HCPS Quick Links




Kindergarten Registration


Where do I register?
Children should be registered at the school they will attend. Not sure? Use our School Locator Web-tool to find the school for your address: henrico.k12.va.us/Boundaries/SchoolLocator.html


When do I register?
You may register at your student's school during the school's normal business hours. Click here to see hours of all elementary schools, including links to their individual websites.


What should I bring?

  • An official state-issued birth certificate for your child. A child must be 5 years old by September 30.

  • Proof of residency. You will need:

    • A picture ID: driver’s license, DMV ID, military ID or other picture ID; AND:

    • A current house contract, lease agreement, rent receipt, mortgage statement
      or tax assessment; AND:

    • A current utility bill (dated within the past 30 days).

Will the school require anything else?
Before the school year starts, you will need to present:

  • An up-to-date record of your child’s immunizations.

  • A physical exam form signed by a qualified U.S.-licensed health care provider and dated no more than 12 months before the enrollment date. Download the School Entrance Health Form.

  • Your child’s Social Security number or waiver request (this may be turned in within 90 days of enrollment).

Where can I get more information?
Call (804) 652-3739 to reach the Central Office.


TransportationSchool LocatorBoard DocsHCPS TVEmail SearchWebmailHCPS Link